I read a lot. Probably too much. It is keeping me from my household chores, like taking out the garbage.

(Hmm, maybe I should read even more.)

Magazine-wise, I get the New Yorker, People, the Week, Vanity Fair, Florida Sportsman (it has great pictures of fish I can’t seem to catch), Golf Digest (another magazine that highlights my inadequacies), and one or two others that I don’t recall ordering. I also get The New York Times, because I used to work there, and because in my ultra-conservative neighborhood in Florida I like to piss people off.

(I must remember to tip the delivery guy at Christmas; my home must be his only local stop!)

I also read books in print.

Some suggestions: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens; The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson; Black Smoke, by Adrian Miller (which has a great recipe for “Old Arthur’s Pork Belly Burnt Ends”; The Martian and Project Hail Mary, by Andy Weir.

The last two, by Weir, are of course science-fiction.

But they seem a lot more believable than some of the recent news coming out of Washington!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT'S OLD MAY BE NEW!

FORE!